Thursday, April 21, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #233

I was playing with a stamp a girlfriend gave me (which I believe is Penny Black) and a piece of card stock I had made using Epsom Salts to get a crystalline effect. The two just went together as the little mouse is skiing on a leaf. There are two mice on the stamp but I masked one off.
The circle and the rectangles were cut using MFT dies Stax set #1 and Blueprints #24.
The sentiment is by a now defunct Australian company 'Stylish Images'. I used a clear glitter Wink of Stella brush to paint the mouse's scarf and the leaf it is on. A few tiny crystals finish it off.
I am going to enter it in  Freshly Made Sketches #233.


3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a cute card! I love the colors and the cool horizontal layer. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

A splash of color said...

Hey.. great card and cool effect with the salt on the wet ink.. your a watercolor artist :) Cute little mouse..

Narelle Farrugia said...

Happiness is your card and the sweet little image you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!