Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Paper Players Challenge #287

The Paper Players challenge this week is 'Clean and Simple with a Spring theme'.
I did some test samples of 'ink blending over heat embossing' for a different card and hate to waste anything so I cut up the sample to make my flower border and umbrella feature. I used 'Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon' Distress inks and embossed a Kaisercraft stamp 'Hessian' in gold . The border die is Memory Box 'Spring Border' and the umbrella Spellbinders in'spire 'Umbrella Trio'.
The raindrops are an old stamp called 'Drip Drops' by Posh Impressions using Impress dye ink 'Sky Mist'.
The sentiment I printed on my computer and cut it out to fit.
We are hoping for some rain here later in the week as my husband has recently planted a winter crop of vegies. We are going to have purple and orange carrots as well as beetroot and peas.






2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Barb, this is a perfect Spring card! I love the umbrella and the sentiment! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your sentiment totally sums up spring Barb - I just love the raindrops bouncing off the umbrella. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!