Thursday, March 24, 2016

Shopping our Stash #244 Clocks

While I was cleaning up my desk of all the bits and pieces left over from recent projects I came across this piece with the shell (Design's by Ryn -Spiral Shell) and a circle frame that fitted over it. Only the top of the frame was missing no worries I cut out a tab using MFT Blueprints #24. Then I found the bits out of the film strip from MFT Blueprint #2  now to incorporate them as well. A long thin stitched strip from the same set to hang them on sorted that issue! It was looking more and more like a clock but what to use as hands? Time to dive into my 90 litre storage tub of embellishments and near the bottom (always the way) I found some wooden spindles. A Kaiser Craft clear stamp 'Tic Toc' was perfect as a background so I stamped it in Versamark for a watermark effect.
I knew I had seen a 'Clock" challenge some where and sure enough Shopping Our Stash's weekly challenge SOS #244 - Cuckoo For You - Use Clocks. was it.

4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

I love it when bits surface on my desk that are perfect for a card, Fabulous job on your card!! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the Cuckoo for you challenge.

Donna said...

Great job Barb! The bits and pieces came together beautifully! Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Cuckoo for You" challenge this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Great card and nicely put together. Thanks so much for embracing our challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

lauren bergold said...

woohoo! chalk one up for serendipity and a FAB color palette!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥