Monday, March 14, 2016

Share Joy Challenge #26

These cards was made to give to friends in a craft group I attend. We do a little project each month and share what we have been making over the previous month. I am going to enter them in the Taylored Expressions Share Joy challenge for this week.


I was experimenting with making my own backgrounds smooshing Distress inks onto my craft sheet, spritzing with water then placing some paper on top to collect the ink. The first take up was quite bright as I had used Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean so I spritzed it again and got a much softer colour combination. When it was dry I used some large background stamps which I embossed with white EP. All were Hero Arts 'Print and Flower Pattern', 'Raindrop Background' and 'Abstract Line Background'. I cut up these papers using a couple of oval dies from a Photo Continental (now called Craft Giraffe) set of nesting dies and a die from MFT Blueprints #2 (oval frame).  The thin stitched edge strip on the horizontal version was also from MFT Blueprints #2. I wanted to showcase the paper with a fairly simple layout and ended up with 3 different designs. 'Happy' was cut out of the same paper using a die from the Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Celebrate' set and for Easter I used the 'Harmony' alphabet die set from Cuttlebug. For the daisy chain on the first card I used an Ek success border punch.
When I looked at these images online there are lots of splots on the cards which aren't there in reality. Seems like my scanner needs a good clean before I do any more scanning!!!

No comments: