Monday, March 21, 2016

MFT Sketch challenge 272

Another good sketch challenge at My Favourite Things this week.
http://www.cardchallenges.com/search/label/sketchchallenge
For some reason this bird sitting on a wire jumped into my head when I saw the sketch.
The background was made by spraying Dylusions inks London Blue, Cut Grass and Fresh Lime over some stencils (can't remember what as this is a piece out of my stash...just lucky I had written the names of the inks on the back!) The bird is cut from the same piece of background. He is a Scribbly Bird by Dina Wakley.
Ooo I have just seen a new set of Scribbly birds, small ones...another thing for the ever growing wishlist! The birds on a wire are from Tim Holtz 'Life's Possibilities' set. The sentiment is from a set by Queen's Dresser Drawers. (Stamp Diva was the only place I could find any of these stamps so not sure what their availability is.) A couple of black gems and some black gel pen on the bird's eye to finish him off. He is actually attached with foam tape so pops off the page better in real life.



1 comment:

Barb said...

I love this dear little bird. A great background Barb. I love the colours you've used. Barbxx