Saturday, March 05, 2016

Die Cut Divas "Thinking Spring" Challenge

Not sure how I came across this blog....following a link from someone elses no doubt. I have discovered how easy it is to lose many hours wandering from blog to blog enjoying other people's creations.
At Die Cut Divas : All cards/projects must be made using at least one die cut or embossing folder, using any die cut machine, this also includes Cameos and Cricut machines.
I think this card fits the bill.
I have used 3 die cut pieces from MFT Blueprints 22 & 24. The stamped flowers are from Stampin' Up 'Inspired by Nature' set. I inked the stamp up with Distress inks Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean then I stamped the image off on a scrap of paper before misting it with water and stamping it again. I was not totally happy with the result so I used a water brush to pick up a little more ink and touched it up a bit where I felt it was too faded looking. Then I added a few dots in pink gel pen round the flowers and some iridescent gems. Still a bit pale but I can't change it now!
The green layers were embossed with  a Couture Creations folder called 'Trellis'. A die cut of thin white foam was adhered to the back of the green embossed circle to give a little depth. I sponged some Twisted Citron round the edge of the patterned paper and attached it all on to white linen card stock. A piece of silk ribbon and coloured metallic thread were tied through the green circle to finish it all off.

4 comments:

Jannet said...

I love the watercolour look of your flowers, so pretty !

SmilynStef said...

Love the faux stitched panels ... and what soft & pretty blooms.

Arlene said...

This is certainly a "thinking spring" card to me. Love the soft colors.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Monica Maier said...

Lovely soft colors and I like the layout with the embossing! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's.